5.2.11

Rebel Angels 5/5



This is the second book in the Gemma Doyle-triology. You can find the review of the first book in the series here. I must say I am thoroughly impressed. In this book Gemma, Felicity and Ann go to London for Christmas, while getting strict instructions from the Rakshana to find a temple in the realms. There Gemma can bind the magic which is running wild in the realms and ruining the precious balance. The problem is that Gemma doesn't know where the temple is or who she can trust to help her find it.

Like I've mentioned before, the first book kind of disappointed me. This one did not. At all. Even at the start of the book, I felt that something had changed for the better. Maybe it was just that I'd gotten used to the idea of the realms or that Gemma, Felicity and Ann had grown on me. Anyway, that something made sure that I enjoyed the book from the very start.

This book had everything I like in a book: Action, romance and magic. I loved it. The book revealed something major about Felicity which actually makes her bearable. Ann is still annoying unfortunately, but Gemma's neutralness makes up for it.

What astounded me the most about the book was the way it stayed so true to the Victorian Era. So few authors do! It made it seem so much more authentic. At some points I felt like I was reading a Jane Austen-book with a magic twist. And trust me, that is so very good.

It had a slow start, but when the pace increased, boy, then it increased. There was a point where I could not possibly put the book away. I love books like that!

I cannot wait until I get my hands on the third and final book in the series. Absolutely recommend the series to everyone with a love for the Victorian Era and magic!

A definite 5 out of 5!

Read: Feb 05, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment