29.4.11

Delirium 5/5


Okay, so imagine this. You live in a society which believes love is a disease. At eighteen you can get the Cure, which basically makes you not feel love. You have already experienced the pain love can bring, so you're looking forward to the day you can get the Cure. And then you fall in love.

This book completely shifted my way of viewing the world. Seriously. I mean, you see Lena, this smart and capable girl who has been fed lies since her birth. And slowly, with the help of Alex, her world starts crumbling and the lies start unwindling. And it's devestating. I cried so much while reading this book because it was just so damn SAD that they all viewed love as a disease. That people's childhood were completely devoid of love from their parents because of this cure.

And since the story was so sad, since that whole universe was so sad, it was such a beautiful thing to read about Lena falling in love. It was so beautiful that I cried some more.

Lauren Oliver is a genius. Loved her story, and I fell completely in love with her way of writing. I'm just in awe. If I could ever write like her... I- I don't even know. It was just so damn beautiful to read.

And the ending! Oh, the ending. Bah.

I think I'll just stop here. How I wish I had book number two in my hands! I guess I'll just have to reread Delirium many many times. I wish I could write more, but I would just spoil the whole book.

If you like dystopian romance, you should definitely pick up this book, because it is seriously amazing. I put it up there with my all time faves. You will not regret reading this book!

Read: April 15, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment