6.3.11

White Cat 5/5



This is the first book in the Curse Worker-series by Holly Black. I must say, I got completely sucked in with this book. I thought I would read for a bit, but I wasn't able to put the book down until I had finished it. I think that speaks for itself.

The book is about Cassel who comes from a family of curse workers. Curse workers can change your emotions, memories, luck. They can give you nightmares, or even kill you with their bare hands. Curse working is against the law, which means that curse workers are criminals. Cassel's family is no different. The thing that separates Cassel from his family is that he isn't a curse worker. But he's no better than his family. He killed his best friend when he was fourteen-years-old. And he doesn't even know why. Now he is sleepwalking and discovers that his brothers are keeping secrets from him. What are they holding back?

I completely loved this book. Adored it. It was so much fun to read about a family who cons for a living. It was different and very refreshing. I also liked Black's style of writing. I thought that the characters were awesome. All in all, I am beyond pleased with this book. A good plot with lots of suspense and action. My type of book! Definitely recommend it!

I fell in love with the world of curse workers. The thought of bare hands being something to fear fascinated me. Also loved the thought of curse workers existing, and the fact that it's not accepted, legal or without repercussions.

Book #2, Red Glove, comes out in a month, and I can't wait to read it! I will be ready on my iPad and Kindle-app to download it on April 5th!

I'm giving this a 5 out of 5!

Read: Feb 24, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment